It's taken a few days, but I feel like I'm finally fully-recovered from the nasty stomach bug that haunted me last weekend. After only being able to keep down a few sips of chicken broth (saltine crackers even sent me over the edge) I'm finally able to eat real food again!
It's time to get back to clean eating.
NO processed foods. Lots of veggies.
One of my breakfast favorites is a little smoothie I came up with last summer.
It's easy, you can drink it on your way to wherever you have to go in the morning, it keeps you full, and it's healthy!
- Since I only use 1/2 a banana, I store the remaining half in the freezer to use when I run out of fresh bananas.
- I like to use frozen berries because it makes my life easier, but make sure to get organic.
- An immersion blender is probably one of the best creations ever. You can get one for like $20-30 on Amazon, and I use mine constantly. It's great for soups too!
- I wrote 1/2-1 cup of Greek yogurt because when I was working I would have hours between breakfast and lunch so I used a full cup of yogurt to keep me full. Now I only use 1/2 cup because I don't have to go as long between meals.
- Sometimes I add a bit of water if the smoothie is looking too thick to achieve my desired consistency.
- I like to enjoy my smoothie in a fancy glass, because lets face it, it's just more fun that way.